My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm 28 going on 68. How do I get my hands on a walker?

After all of the excitement I had yesterday morning to go to Water Therapy, around noon I was hit with horrible pain.  I'd put yesterday afternoon on a 1-10 scale as a 9.  I couldn't walk.  Jim had to help me to go to the bathroom.  I had to lean on him and my knees gave out numerous times.  My left wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't use my left hand, it didn't work much.  I stayed in bed for the rest of the day, on pain killers and muscle relaxers. Getting up to go to the bathroom seemed an impossible chore.  I really need to get a walker for days like that but I don't know how to go about getting one.  I also need to get one of those old people benches for the shower.  It hurts so bad to take a shower and stand for that entire time.  I feel as if I'm not 28 but 68.  I feel 40 years older than what I am.  That night I finally figured out how to put my wrist back in place and since then I can use my left hand.  It was dislocated, which was why I couldn't really move it.  I am not sure how I put it back in place though!  When I called the physical therapy department at the hospital to ask if I should still go I ended up breaking down in tears because of the intense pain.  The water therapy therapist called me later and I was trying so hard not to cry form the pain.  Today (so far) I feel better than yesterday afternoon/evening, but I'm still 7 on the 1-10 scale.  I'm praying I don't get back up to a 9, or worse yet, a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...