My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Equinox...and I'm in a lot of pain!

Happy Autumn Equinox!
Happy Autumn Equinox everyone!  (Here are some Autumn Equinox traditions around the world.)  We are now out of summer and officially in fall.  The trees haven't changed colors yet, but I'm waiting for them to.  I don't get to go outside much anymore, but I'm going to start forcing myself, no matter how much it hurts.  We'll see how long that lasts.

I am enjoying classes a lot, but my pain levels have been much higher than normal and are greatly interfering with my concentration.  I have been having problems getting my discussion posts and assignments done on time.  I feel like things are going so fast.  I did email my professor and explain what was going on, though.

My right shoulder and both wrists keeps subluxing over and over.  I wish I could somehow glue the damn things in right, but they wouldn't work as joints, then, would they?  It sucks that it's my right shoulder that's the worst, because my hips and back like it best when I lay on my right side.  I can only lay on my back so long, and without two pillows under my knees it hurts my knees to lay on my back.  Keep in mind our mattress is really broken down.  It sinks in the center, so we put a pillow there and sleep on top of that.  I love how doctors and health articles recommend a comfortable bed if you have trouble sleeping or if you are in too much pain to sleep.  A comfortable bed?  I never would have thought of that!  If I had the money for a comfortable bed would I be sleeping on this one?  No, I would not.  That's almost as dumb as when they recommend brushing your teeth before bed to set a routine and sleep better.  Brush my teeth?  Cause, you know, I wasn't already doing that.  Grr.

I'm so achy and we both missed our medicine last night.  The pain in my shoulders is incredible, especially the right shoulder.  I'm blogging now, because I'm not sure I'll be able to blog much longer.  My shoulder might prevent me from doing anything today but reading my textbook and watching The X-Files.  DH is always saying we should switch from Netflix to Amazon Prime or to Hulu, but even with all the stupid changes, I'd much rather keep Netflix.

I'm eating All Bran (the shredded cardboard looking stuff) for breakfast and it is making my jaw hurt so bad.  There really isn't anything else to eat for breakfast, because I sure as hell don't feel like fixing an egg.  We didn't eat supper last night, either, so I'm really hungry.  I just have a jaw ache from hell now and half a bowl of soggy cereal.

I ♥ The X-Files 
 
I went to the rheumatologist and talked about my neck.  I didn't mention Chiari, which I think is a possibility.  Most neurologists have problems with understanding Chiari, there's no need for a rheumy to.  She took X-Rays of my neck and hasn't called back yet.  She mentioned sending me to a neurologist or neurosurgeon if nothing came back on the X-Ray, and we don't expect anything to.  Her office is really incompetent so just because they haven't called doesn't mean she didn't schedule an appointment or something.  I need to call today to find out.  Otherwise some doctor may expect me one day that I have no idea about.  I like her, but like I said, her office is really incompetent.  In between appointments there is no way to get a message to her.  Well, let me rephrase that.  In between appointments I've called a million times since I started seeing her and not once did she return my call or even have her nurse return my call.  I don't know if it is her office, her nurse, her, or a combination of the three.  Either way, I hope that I can get my referral appointment.  I don't want to (and can't) wait the six months until I see her again.

I haven't got much of a response about the Freebie Fridays I did here and here.  Freebie Fridays took about four hours to put together (each Friday) so I am not going to do them if no one wanted them.  If you miss Freebie Fridays let me know and I'll be glad to take them back.  Today I'm going to try Blogs of the Week.  In Blogs of the Week I plan on picking my top ten favorite blog entries of the week.  I'm going to try for a variety of blogs and blog types.  Is there something else you'd like to see instead?

I have a lot to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for my DH, the love of my life.  I'm thankful for our kitties and I love being a Kittymommy..  I'm thankful for toothpaste because I get freaked out when I don't have clean teeth.  I'm thankful for food because going without this winter gave me an appreciation I never had.  I'm thankful for my car still running because even though she leaks oil, she runs great.  "Sexy Bitch" is fifteen years old and doing awesome! ;-)

It helps to remind myself of this when I'm in a lot of pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...