My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Monday, April 30, 2012

Behind the Blogger Challenge Day 24

•Day 24- A letter to your parents

Wow.  That one is a big deal and more than I want to get into right now.  So I'm going to change that to "A positive memory about your parents."

I remember when I was seven years old, in 1988, my second grade class was going on a field trip to Bonne Terre Mine.   My mom was a chaperon and I could hardly wait to see the mine.  It seemed like we were on the bus forever, before we finally pulled up at Bonne Terre Mine.  I was so, so excited.  First we went into the small museum they had above ground.  We were also told the rules we would need to follow before we went underground.

When we went down into the mine, they pointed out stalactites and stalagmites to us.  They also told the story of things that had happened in the mine.  The two stories I remember, were about a couple getting married in the mine, and two or three divers getting lost in the deep water in the mine, their bodies never found.  I really thought that was cool, and figured that I could probably spot the divers' bodies if I leaned over the railing.  My mom freaked out, and pulled me back.  As an adult she told me it absolutely terrified her when I leaned over the railing, and that mines and caves in general scare her.

When we came out of the long mine tour we went above ground to the gift store.  I bought a pair of super huge green 80s gag sunglasses and something else that I can't remember.  After we left the gift shop we posed by sticking out heads in the hole of wooden cut out animals and getting our pictures taken.  The drive home seemed to take forever, made worse by how worn out I was.  It was a great day, and a memory that I'll always treasure.



Bonne Terre Mine


Bonne Terre Mine

Bonne Terre Mine

Bonne Terre Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...