My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Friday, July 20, 2012

Hold on for the wild ride

I've been manic lately, and this rollercoaster I've been riding with my bipolar has been a very wild ride again, lately.  Today my mood has dipped down considerably and I'm very tired and have no energy.  For the past week I've been doing tons of housework because I couldn't sit still.  I was very manic, but since I'm stuck home all the time and don't have a credit card, I can't get into too much danger, unless it moved into psychosis, which is often a part of bipolar.

I really hate the way people use the term bipolar in a healthy person describing themselves being moody, someone who took a test online and diagnosed themselves bipolar, and people who use the term to describe the weather.  It belittles the incredibly horrible experiences I've gone through with bipolar.  That's one of the many reasons I prefer the old name, manic depression, to bipolar.  I think manic depression gets across how serious it is, while bipolar doesn't.

Oh, here is another HUGE pet peeve of mine--people who spell bipolar wrong.  People misspell the word by writing "bi-polar," or "Bi Polar," or they abbreviate it incorrectly and call it "BPD."  First of all, the word "bipolar" has no dashes or spaces.  Secondly, BPD means Borderline Personality Disorder.  BP means bipolar. 

That is seriously one of my very biggest pet peeves, so I think I'm going to be a super hero who is out to save the world from people who can't spell or abbreviate their own illness correctly.

**I whoooosh away on my super hero quest**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...