My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Sunday, October 11, 2015

BBT and TTC (Basal Body Temperature and Trying to Conceive)

I'm watching "Bones" and Bones and Booth just had their daughter, Christine.  While it makes me smile and warms my heart to see people happy, even if it is on TV, I can't help but feel a bit sad that I'm not a mommy yet.  I was taking my Basal Body Temperature (BBT) at 7:30 am every morning, but I found out it doesn't work for me because of my frequent insomnia.  It's very important to get your BBT every morning at the same time, after sleeping at least three hours.  Before you take your BBT you can't talk, and have to move as little as possible, so getting up to go pee in the three hours before you take your temperature means you can't use any data from that day.  Your BBT is the lowest temperature of your body that day.  It measures to the hundredth of a degree, instead of the normal thermometers that just measure to the tenth of a degree.

You chart, either by hand or with an app, your BBT each day to find the day you ovulate.  Every single point on the chart matters, as a very small change in temperature can indicate that you ovulated.  About three days out of every week my insomnia keeps me from sleeping, so I was getting on average only four readings a week.  That made my effort in charting BBT fruitless, so I decided to stop charting.  Since I've decided to stop charting my anxiety levels have decreased drastically, and my insomnia has actually gotten a little better because I'm not stressing so hard about having to fall asleep by a certain time so I can take my temp.  Even my mornings are less stressful.  I also feel free to read later than when I was taking my BBT.  One of my favorite times of day is when I'm reading late at night with DH sleeping next to me and Niki snoring above his head.  It's even better if Katya is in bed, too.  I often feel peaceful then, and very protective of DH while he sleeps.  The house is still and quiet, and the energy is usually one of stillness and peace.  I've never been a daytime reader, but at night I love reading.  We have our own personal library, because we both love reading so much.  DH reads during the day, and like I said, I'm a nighttime reader.  I'm looking forward already to the book I'm reading tonight, Under the Udala Trees: A Novel by Chinelo Okparanta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...