My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness Seizures (Complex Partial Seizures) ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar I Rapid Cycling With Psychosis ~ Migraines ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (My OCD is currently in remission except for hoarding) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Non-suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI or SI) ~ Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Multiple Phobias ~ Chronic Headaches

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 15

Day 15: What would you say to people newly diagnosed with this illness?

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge
30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge

My advice for anyone diagnosed with any illness is to learn everything you can about it, and develop a strong support system. Ideally, a strong support system would include family, friends, and medical professionals, though I know that's not always possible. Support groups like NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) can be very helpful. Start with Google, and learn everything you can about your illness(es). Remember, that you probably won't have every single symptom listed, and you may have some that aren't listed, because they're more rare. Books on my many chronic illnesses have helped me tremendously. Facebook groups are a huge support. I use the Glow app and have support for many of my illnesses, especially PCOS, there. Below I'll list some of my favorite books about my illnesses.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS):

Dysautonomia:

Fibromyalgia:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS):


Bipolar Disorder:



1 comment:

  1. I really want to take this time out to show my appreciation to a doctor who advised me correctly. I had stroke for 12 years and my full left side was paralyzed because of this i could say i was half human because i could not function where others are functioning. I knew i needed help and i began to search and i saw his contact from a testimony some people were giving, i never believed because i have tried so many medicines and therapies yet no cure. I still contacted him to see what he had to offer. I got the medicine (herbal medication) he told me about and i could not believe my eyes. In a matter of 3 months i was completely okay. If you have any stroke related illness or paralysis feel free to reach him for info and cure on (josephalberteo@gmail.com) he treated me and he can treat you too. cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...