My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Look Back on 2010...


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Started reading the Qur'an.


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I made one to read 75 books and keep track of them.  Yes I did it.  I am repeating it but more importantly I have monthly goals rather than one big resolution.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thank God.

5. What countries did you visit?

None. I did cross the border to Kansas, though.  Does that count?

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Good health

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The first minutes of the 2010 are etched in my mind. :-)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Helping raise awareness of EDS & fibromyalgia.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Letting squatters take over our home this past summer.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes, of course.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Veterinary bills to get our Niki fixed up when we got her

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Tiffany & Derek (the squatters) LEAVING our house.  I celebrated that!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Tiffany & Derek squatting in our house for months & protected by our county's squatter's laws.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Getting Niki and starting grad school.  Unfortunately because of my health I didn't get to stay in grad school long.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010?

I don't know.  It would have to be a song about being trapped in a nightmare or something.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a. Happier or Sadder? Sadder

b. Thinner or Fatter? Fatter

C. Richer or Poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? 

Stay to ourselves.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Not staying to ourselves.
20. How did you spend Christmas?

My wonderful friend Nancy brought us a dinner.  I opened a present from my wonderful pen pal Laura and I played Christmas music all day. :-D

21. How many one-night stands?

Zero!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Bones

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Yes.

24. What was the best book you read?

Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Lady Gaga

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted grad school, better health, increased knowledge, and for my DH and kitties to be safe, happy, and healthy.  I got increased knowledge, more experience, a new kitty, a larger capacity to love, a summer of being trapped with squatters in our house, more friends, more stressed and anxious, more fear, more in poverty, more pain, bitter, and more flashbacks. 

27. What was your favorite film of this year?

Land of the Lost

28. What did you do on your birthday?

I honestly don't remember.  I don't think it was much different than any other day.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Jeans or sweatpants in a sleeveless shirt or a sweatshirt and barefoot.  Whatever combinations you make from them was all I wore all year (just about). i.e. jeans/sweatshirt, jeans/sleeveless shirt, sweatpants/sweatshirt, or sweatpants/sleeveless shirt

30. What kept you sane?

I wasn't aware I was sane.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Ellen DeGeneres

32. What political issue stirred you the most?

Gay marriage
33. Who did you miss?

my dog Togy

34. Who was the best new person you met?

I didn't meet anyone worth meeting.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:

You know the situations where you think you'd never be in?  Well, someday it may be you housebound and waiting for a meal from the soup kitchen.  I wouldn't have dreamed that would be me in a million years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...