My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hit and run drivers are assholes & rescheduling the cardiologist (again)

I'm in pain and need to go ice my neck so this entry may not be long.

Yesterday my brother-in-law got hit by a car while crossing the street in a hit and run accident.  The cell phone was dead and he walked a mile home after getting hit.  He said a few people saw it and never stopped.  There were a few people that asked if he was okay while he was trying to get home and when he told them he'd been hit by a car they said "Well at least you're still breathing!" and drive off.  It turns out his leg isn't broken, but the bone is bruised.  I gave him my cane to walk with and we are trying to get him to keep off of it, keep ice on it, and take aspirin for swelling and pain.  He's stubborn, too, and keeps walking around on it.


I have to call tomorrow and reschedule my cardiologist appointment once again.  We don't have the gas money to get there.  I'm so, so frustrated.  First I have to see my cardiologist, endocrinologist, and rheumatologist.  Then once I get those three crossed off my list I can finally investigate the possibility of Chiari.  I am so tired of rescheduling.  I'm so tired of not knowing what's wrong.  I'm so tired of seeing stars when I cough, because it freaks me out.  I just feel like banging my head against the wall, over, and over.  Please don't take this as a plea for money, it isn't.

Hit and run drivers suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...