My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Friday, January 13, 2012

Endo today

Today I am going to see my endocrinologist at University Hospital.  I'm really glad to finally be seeing him, as I have all the symptoms of my thyroid being low.  I imagine he will increase my Synthroid, but I also think that he will need to run some blood tests first.  He will be doing an ultra-sound of my thyroid, too.  Last time I went I think I had two or three nodules on my thyroid and one on my parathyroid.  The right side of my thyroid was also enlarged.

I love this woman's thyroid art

According to Mayo Clinic and Women to Women, symptoms of hypothyroid are:
  • Sluggishness
  • Increased sensitivity to cold
  • Constipation
  • Pale, dry skin
  • A puffy face
  • An elevated blood cholesterol level
  • Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
  • Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
  • Muscle weakness
  • Heavier than normal menstrual periods
  • Depression
  • Severe fatigue, loss of energy
  • Weight gain, difficulty losing weight
  • Headaches
  • Dry skin, brittle nails
  • Brittle hair, itchy scalp, hair loss
  • Irregular periods, PMS symptoms
  • Calcium metabolism difficulties
  • Difficulty tolerating cold and lower body temperature
  • Sleeping more than average
  • Diminished sex drive
  • Puffiness in face and extremities
  • Hoarseness
  • Bruising/clotting problems
  • Elevated levels of LDL (the “bad” cholesterol) and heightened risk of heart disease
  • Allergies that suddenly appear or get worse
  • Persistent cold sores, boils, or breakouts
  • Tingling sensation in wrists and hands that mimics carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Memory loss, fuzzy thinking, difficulty following conversation or train of thought
  • Slowness or slurring of speech
  • Appearance of a goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid that is externally visible
I've got a lot of these symptoms, so I think my thyroid levels are low.  I haven't had any lab tests done in awhile, its actually been over two years.  Like I said, though, he will be doing an ultra-sound.

By the way, this month is Thyroid Disease Awareness Month!


2 comments:

  1. I used to be suggеsted this ωebsitе through my cousin.
    Ӏ'm no longer positive whether this post is written through him as no one else realize such particular approximately my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!
    Also see my site > mental disorders with abbreviations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment on my blog! :-) I write all of my blog entries. The information I found about the thyroid was from Mayo Clinic and Women to Women.

    I found the picture online of the woman with the thyroid body pain, it isn't me. I love it, and hope the my readers think it is as cool as I do.

    This is my story, though, and my writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...