My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Behind the Blogger Challenge Day 2 & 3

Day 02- The meaning behind your Blogger name

My blogger name is Lady of the Ozarks.  The story behind it is pretty simple, I'm from the Ozark Mountains.  The Ozark Mountain Range is the most extensive mountain region between the Appalachian Mountains and the Rocky Mountains.  The Ozarks are one of the oldest mountain ranges on Earth, and the oldest in the United States.  They are more plateau shaped than mountain shaped, from several hundred million years of erosion.  The Ozarks are one of the most beautiful places in the world.  I said good-bye to the Ozarks some time ago, but it will always be where I'm from.  It is true that you can never go back to the place you were growing up and expect it to be anything like you remember it.  The Ozarks are still beautiful, but as an adult I realize my hometown is very impoverished, and since I left, the town has turned into a meth town.  The town itself is much worse than I remember, but the trees and hills will never change.  I can still remember the smell of the woods in the morning, and I miss it so bad.

I'd like to share some pictures I took at my Grandpa's farm.  Grandpa lived in my hometown, deep in the Ozark Mountains.  Though it's a farm, it is no longer used as one.  He let his neighbor use his land for the man's horses in exchange Grandpa wouldn't have to cut the grass in the fields.  The arrangement worked for the last few years of his life.  The horses were beautiful to watch.  I don't think I've ever seen the farm when it actually was running as a farm.  He stopped farming a long, long time ago.



Grandpa's in the Ozarks
Grandpa's in the Ozark Mountains

My Grandpa's in the Ozarks

Grandpa's is in the Ozark Mountains


Day 03- A picture of you and your friends


I'm going to have to distort my best friends pictures so that they are not recognizable.


My bff V



My bff V



My bff O

My bff O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...