My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fertility and eating healthy

Today is May Day, a day that has been celebrated for spring and fertility since, well, a long time ago.  I've decided that for my own fertility I need to lose some weight, and be serious about it.  I may have fertility problems with my PCOS anyway, and I definitely don't want that to happen.  Any thing I can do to make my fertility better, along with make me strong enough to go through a pregnancy is a good thing.  Losing weight and getting stronger can only be a good thing.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
My ovaries are similar to this, which scares me about my fertility.  This is a scan of an ovary covered in tiny cysts
I've decided I want to get some movement in three days a week.  I'm not at the point right now where I can exercise three days a week, because of severe pain and fatigue, but I can make a point of getting some movement in.  For instance, I can:
  • walk around the yard
  • replant my flowers
  • do physical therapy exercises I learned when I was in PT in January 2011
  • do as much cleaning as I can
  • research and do leg strengthening exercises

I also want to make a serious effort to start eating good again.  I was eating good, but then I started back into my old habits of eating too much ice cream.  Ice cream is okay for a once in awhile treat, but not okay to have so often, or to have a lot of.

Doing these things will help increase my fertility so that I can become a mommy when the time is right.  I've lost over 100 lbs before, so I do know something about losing weight.  I've gained a lot of weight in the last three years, but with hard work I know I can take it off.

One of the important things I've learned about eating is to be in the present.  Enjoy what food you are eating right now, and when you exercise concentrate on your body's movement right now and how hard your body is working for you.  Think of your body as a hero, trying it's best to defeat the illnesses you may have.  If you eat something bad, from here on out eat good, and because you are living right now, you can change the day for the better now, instead of waiting until tomorrow.  Enjoy what you eat, rather than feeling guilty for it.  If you enjoy it, and live in the present, you are less likely to want to go back for more. 

For instance, you may say that you must have chocolate every day.  My advice would be to buy Russel Stover's Sugar Free chocolates and eat one daily.  When  you eat your chocolate, don't chew it.  Let it melt in your mouth, and savor it.  Yum.

Today I've had frosted mini-wheats and skim milk, so I've started off the day right.  I also lose weight best on a high fiber, low fat diet.

I'm going to be using these tips in my weight loss journey, and updating it a little as I go, and I hope I gave you some ideas, too.  If you have an idea to add don't be shy, and put it in a comment!  I fixed my comment section where anyone should be able to comment. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree we should do minimum exercise three days a week to lose weight and solve fertility problem and I think physical therapy exercises are good for us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...