My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Depression Screening Quiz

Mental Illness Awareness Week
October 6th-12th, 2013


Depression Screening Quiz
If you answer yes to many of these questions you may have depression.

  • I do things slowly.
  • My future seems hopeless.
  • It is hard for me to concentrate on reading.
  • The pleasure and joy has gone out of my life.
  • I have difficulty making decisions.
  • I have lost interest in aspects of life that used to be important to me.
  • I feel sad, blue, and unhappy.
  • I am agitated and keep moving around.
  • I feel fatigued.
  • It takes great effort for me to do simple things.
  • I feel that I am a guilty person who deserves to be punished.
  • I feel like a failure.
  • I feel lifeless -- more dead than alive.
  • My sleep has been disturbed -- too little, too much, or broken sleep.
  • I spend time thinking about HOW I might kill myself.
  • I feel trapped or caught.
  • I feel depressed even when good things happen to me.
  • Without trying to diet, I have lost, or gained, weight.


For a more in-depth questionnaire (the one this one was taken from) please go to Psych Central's Depression Screening page.  It may prompt you to see a therapist for therapy, and/or a doctor for medication.

For more information on Depression see:


Depression Facts
Medline Plus Major Depression
Major Depression Fact Sheet
List of People With Depression


Depression Web Centers
WebMD's Depression Health Center
Mayo Clinic Depression: (Major Depression)
About.com Depression


Depression Magazines 
Esperanza Hope to Cope With Anxiety and Depression
Anchor Magazine for Depression and Anxiety
Sane Your Mind Matters


Cultural and Social Groups
Women and Depression
African American Women and Depression
Latina Women and Depression
Asian American Women and Depression
American Indian and Alaska Native Women and Depression

Depression occurring with other medical conditions
Pregnancy and Depression
Post-partum Depression



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...