My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's been rainy day after rainy day lately.  For those of you in the Pacific Northwest (or any place it rains a lot) it is normal, but lots of rain is usually a seasonal thing where I live.  It almost always rains a lot in Autumn, and the only good thing about it is, with a lot of rain comes lots of beautiful colored leaves.  My bones and joints have been screaming at me, especially my knees and feet.  I'm not sure if my feet have anything to do with the rain or not, because they are often one of my body parts in the most severe pain.  I guess I'd have to say feet, hips, shoulders, and hands are my worst body parts.  All the rest of me hurts, too, but those are the most severe body parts.

I still don't "hate my body," though.  As far as I'm concerned, my body is doing the absolute best she can, under less than optimal situations.  The same for my mind.  Even though I have mental illness, e.g. bipolar, I don't hate my brain, because she tries her best to kick bipolar's ass, even when she is not successful.  I would like to change my weight (and wrinkles in my neck, oh my!), but that seems minor with all that is going on in my life.  I know that it will help the rest of me, e.g. bipolar, EDS, fibro, but I think just exercising and eating better is the first step.  It's really hard to eat well when I'm too sick to cook, and DH is often too sick to cook because of his own disabilities.  (Remember, he is also on disability.)  We end up eating a lot of chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and frozen pizza.  I'm trying to come up with a plan where we can eat healthy, cheaply, and cook ahead of time when Jim is having a good day, or even something I can help with.

I can't wait until Christmas!  I want so many different things for so many people.  I'm so very ecstatic!  DH has a birthday in December and I've already got all is presents.  Of course, I can't say what they are, on the off chance that he reads this.  I just can say I'm so excited!

Well, I am making a great deal of progress on writing my pen pals back, so I think I'll go back to that.  Today I mailed a letter to a friend in the state of Michigan, and DH needs to go to the post office to mail a letter to Italy.  I think I can get my sister, another letter to Italy, and a letter to the state of Indiana done tonight before I can get to bed.  I'm off to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...