My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Sunday, April 20, 2014

A doctor who listens and Happy Easter

Ah, snot.  The remains of a cold that stay with you for a couple of weeks after everything else goes away--snot.  We finished off our box of Kleenex a few days ago, and have sense gone through two rolls of toilet paper blowing our noses.  I'm still waking myself up at night coughing, too.  Hopefully it will be gone soon, though with allergy season starting I doubt it.  I'm allergic to tree pollen more than anything else, and, well, Spring, the time of tree pollen, is upon us.
Hoppy Easter!

Today is Easter, so for anyone who celebrates, Happy Easter.  We want to color eggs sometime this evening, and I already got my chocolate Easter bunnies from DH.  He got me a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup bunny, and a Dove chocolate bunny.  The Reese's bunny was filled with peanut butter.  Admittedly, the Reese's bunny has already started traveling to my tummy.  I haven't tried the other one, yet.  I want to eat it tomorrow.  DH is so sweet to me!

A big theme in my blog is  mental illness.  I have mental illness, as well as every person in the family I grew up with.  At least I recognize my mental illness, which is more than I can say for some people.  I have a new pdoc, and she is taking my depression from my bipolar seriously.  Finally!  With my last pdoc, I constantly told him how depressed I was (though I admit I let on it wasn't as bad as it is), but he still refused to do anything about it.  He even made me feel stupid for asking for help.  His advice was to get out of the house more.  I told him it is very hard for me to get out often because of my pain, and he said that I needed to do it anyway.  Easier said than done!  Now, this new pcod I have has changed two of my medications.  I feel like I can talk to her better than my old doctor, possibly because she's a woman.  While I certainly don't "hate all men," I do feel uncomfortable around most men.  I don't know exactly why, I just do.  I've always been that way, all my life.  Or since I was four and my cousin hurt me, anyway.
MaxHeat by SoftHeat Heating Pad Moist/Dry

I got a heating pad when my money came in this month, and I've been using it a lot.  Right now it is on my lower back and tailbone.  Lately I've been having a lot of upper and middle back pain all the time, as well as tailbone pain when I sit or walk.  My heating pad is SoftHeat brand.  It has three settings and they are all hot.  It's really big, but I kinda wish I had two others; I'd put them on my right hip and upper back/shoulders.

I've found that heat really helps me, and when pain is in my head or neck, ice helps me.  What have y'all found helps you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...