Mental Illness Awareness Week
October 6th-12th, 2013
Schizophrenia (NOT the same as Multiple Personality Disorder!) Screening Quiz
If you answer yes to many of questions you may have schizophrenia-specific disorder, such as Schizophreniaor schizophreniform disorder, which is NOT the same thing as MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder). MPD isn't even a diagnosis. that is currently used by mental health practitioners.
- I feel that others control what I think and feel.
- I hear or see things that others do not hear or see.
- I feel it is very difficult for me to express myself in words that others can understand.
- I feel I share absolutely nothing in common with others, including my friends and family.
- I believe in more than one thing about reality and the world around me that nobody else seems to believe in.
- Others don't believe me when I tell them the things I see or hear.
- I can't trust what I'm thinking because I don't know if it's real or not.
- I have magical powers that nobody else has or can explain.
- Others are plotting to get me.
- I find it difficult to get a hold of my thoughts.
- I am treated unfairly because others are jealous of my special abilities.
- I talk to another person or other people inside my head that nobody else can hear.
For more information on Schizophrenia see:
Schizophrenia Facts and Statistics
Understanding Schizophrenia and Recovery
Myths and Facts About Schizophrenia
MSN Healthy Living 10 Things to Know About Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia Web Centers
WebMD Schizophrenia Health Center
Mayo Clinic Schizophrenia
Sane Your Mind Matters
Cultural and Social Groups
Schizophrenia: The Impact of Race on Diagnosis
Schizophrenia May Be Overdiagnosed in Black Patients
Schizophrenia Among Hispanics: Epidemiology, Phenomenology, Course, and Outcome
Asian Mental Health and Wellness: Introduction to Schizophrenia
Early Onset Schizophrenia
Mental Health Issues among Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) People
Mental Illness Policy: 250,000 Mentally Ill are Homeless. The number is increasing.
Prelapse Magazine: Schizophrenia and HomelessnessMake the Connection: Schizophrenia [in Veterans]
NAMI Mental Health In the Military
List of People With Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia occurring with other medical conditions
Schizophrenia and Pregnancy
Treating Schizophrenia During Pregnancy
Are Schizophrenia and Autism Close Relations?