My Journey With:

Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (hEDS) ~ Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) ~ Focal Impaired Awareness (Complex Partial) Seizures ~ Fibromyalgia ~ Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) ~ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) ~ TMJ Dysfunction ~ Bipolar Disorder Type I Rapid Cycling With Psychotic Features ~ Migraines ~ Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ~ Keratosis Pilaris (KP) ~ Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) ~ Panic Disorder ~ Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) ~ Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) ~ Self-Harm ~ Bilateral Piezogenic Pedal Papules ~ Hashimoto's Thyroiditis ~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ~ Specific Phobias ~ Chronic Daily Headache ~ Eczema

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fireflies, fibromyalgia, & hippies

Today is not a good day as far as pain and fatigue go.  I had a recertification visit by the place that provides my home health care.  I don't know why I get so nervous about things like that, but I do.  My heart was beating hard in my chest and my arms were going numb.  When she left my adrenaline levels dropped and I almost dropped into a deep sleep.  After a physical stress reaction like that I often have to go to bed and sleep for a few hours.  I know it has a lot to do with anxiety and feeling intimidated by pretty much everyone, but it didn't stop me from feeling crappy.

I am thinking about doing a giveaway soon on this blog.  A (very successful) blogger friend suggested I approach a company and ask if they want to participate in my giveaway.  Does anyone have any ideas on who they'd like to see me ask or what type of stuff they'd like to see in a giveaway?  I'd like it to be something relating to this blog's themes, but I want to hear any ideas.

I've decided to start doing one "happy post" a week.  I am going to try to write in this blog daily or almost daily as well.  Looking over my blog entries I thought that a weekly "happy post" would be a fun tradition to start.  I'm not really sure if the word tradition can apply to a blog, but if it can't I think my meaning is still conveyed.  My "happy post" for this week was a video and song called "The Hippie Song."  If that doesn't make one crack a smile I don't know what will! :-)

We've got a problem with ants getting into the house.  We've had this problem since we've moved in.  Spring and summer roll around and ants roll on in.  We also get lady bugs and lightning bugs, believe it or not.  I have no idea how they keep getting in.  We've tried every remedy possible, but that won't harm our cats if they get into it.  They may disappear for a few days but then the buggers are back again in full force.  It's strange laying in bed and seeing a bug light up across the room.  We usually catch the lightning bugs before the kitties get to them and let them go outside.  They make me miss the innocence of being very small and happy.  I was not a happy child, but catching lightning bugs was always a game my sister and I played and loved.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of doing a "happy post". I know its hard when we feel like we do, but there are times when things aren't as bad. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...